Friday 13 November 2015

Reflective Evaluation

When starting out on this course I felt a bit in the dark where it came to what we'd be actually doing. I had never used Photoshop, I hadn't done any digital painting and I had never used a graphics tablet before so it did take me a little while to get used to this new way of creating art. Once I started seeing the benefits of how Photoshop worked, being able to modify and change my work on the fly, and just having the ability to cut and paste drawings made concept building so much easier than any similar work I had done previously. While I have got to grips with the program I have a long way to go before I can get the best out the software and myself. Even with this ease of access I still struggle to get down initial ideas and shapes, especially when drawing people, a subject which I have always had problems with artistically.
I also learned some business practice that artists in the gaming industry use to quicken concept time; building on pre-existing images from other sources, be it photos or other artwork streamlines the creative flow of the designer because, for me at least, it is easier to build on some pre-existing and make it your own then to try and visualize something original from nothing.
While I have been very intrigued by how the games industry works, my time management has been very poor as sometimes I have and have not been able to meet soft deadlines set and thus my projects overlapped a lot. That and my blog entries have not been consistent, it is clear that what will benefit me most in the upcoming projects will be organising a better schedule for learning, working and recording, so that I don’t fall behind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment